Do you want to become a successful food business owner but have no idea what kind of food sells? If your answer is yes, then you might want to consider selling savoury and popular delicacies like pineapple tarts. Pineapple tarts are essentially small, bite-size tarts that are filled with pineapple jam and have a melt-in-your-mouth texture. You would typically see them being sold in PET round containers, specifically during traditional occasions like Chinese New Year and Hari Raya.
Pineapple tarts are an all-time favourite snack loved by many Singaporeans because of their flavourful taste and profound significance. If you are planning to sell pineapple tarts, it is important that you focus on perfecting their flavour. To help you out, here is a step-by-step guide on how you can make amazing pineapple tarts that truly sell.
1. Preparing the Filling
The first step to making delicious pineapple tarts is to prepare the pineapple filling. Making the filling first ensures that you have enough time to refrigerate it. By the time you are done making the pastry, the filling should already be firm enough to stick together for wrapping. Usually, cinnamon bark, cloves, and star anise are used to flavour the filling in pineapple tarts.
Here are the steps for preparing the pineapple filling:
- Cut off both ends as well as the tough skin of the pineapple.
- Remove the pineapple’s eyes by making two shallow V-shaped cuts.
- Vertically quarter the pineapple and then cut off its core.
- Cut the flesh of the pineapple into tiny cubes.
- Using a food processor, mix the pineapple flesh into a puree.
- Put the pineapple puree in a pan, and slowly heat it until it begins to simmer.
- Add cinnamon bark, cloves, star anise, salt, sugar, and palm sugar, and let it simmer until it becomes thick. Stir from time to time to prevent the puree from sticking to the pan.
- Measure out the jam to about 8 grams each. Shape it to oblong using two spoons.
- Place the jam inside the fridge until it becomes firm enough to handle.
2. Making the Pastry
Once you are done preparing the filling and refrigerating it, the next thing you should do is to make the pastry. The pastry for pineapple tarts should be solid enough to roll out into strips.
To make a firm and tasty pastry for pineapple tarts, here are the things you should do:
- Put unsalted butter in a bowl.
- Once the butter is softened, add icing sugar to it.
- Mix the sugar and butter to turn them into buttercream.
- Add beaten egg and combine.
- Add sieved flour, custard powder, and salt to the butter-egg mixture.
- Mix all the ingredients until they come together. Briefly knead the dough, which will pick up every remaining flour in the bowl.
3. Wrapping and Baking
Here is how you should wrap and bake pineapple tarts:
- Load up the mould with the dough.
- Press out a strip of the pastry on a clear and flat surface.
- Put a portion of the pineapple filling near the start of the strip.
- Carefully roll up the strip as if you are making a swill roll.
- Use a plastic spatula to flatten both sides of the roll.
- Place it in a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake the pineapple tarts at 190°C for 10 minutes.
- Remove the tarts from the oven.
- Brush the top of the tarts with egg wash.
- Place the tarts back in the oven and continue baking them for another 10 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
After you are done baking the pineapple tarts, let them cool at room temperature. You should store the pastry in an airtight pineapple tart container so that it will remain fresh for as long as possible. Proper storage is very important, especially if you are planning to make pineapple tarts days or weeks before a special occasion like Chinese New Year.
Pineapple tarts are a popular delicacy that is being sold all over Singapore. Because many businesses offer them, you need to make your pineapple tarts unique and remarkable by perfecting their flavour and texture.
Looking for the most durable and trusted pineapple tart containers in Singapore that you can use to safely package and store your delicious tarts? Supply Smiths is here to help you! We are a reputable plastic container supplier offering a wide variety of top-notch but affordable food storage solutions, such as pineapple tart and cookie containers, plastic containers with lid, paper lunch boxes, cake boxes, boat trays, platter trays, and many more.
Please feel free to browse our comprehensive collection or reach out to us today to learn more about our fantastic offers.